Thursday, April 5, 2012

Personal Intro- 3 Minute Easter Centerpiece

Hello! Here we go. I guess I will help get the ball rolling and post something. I am Rosa Lee, the worst blogger ever! Oh, and I'm sometimes a little dramatic (can you tell?). But really, I have a hard time doing the same thing over and over (i.e. blogging weekly). Ask my husband, I can't even make a recipe the same way twice. This is a way to prove to myself that I can concentrate and complete an ongoing task.
More about me. I earned a degree in Family Life with a focus on Interior Design within the home but I choose to stay home for the best job ever- Mom. When my munchkin is asleep (rarely), I do historical transcription work. I'm married to an amazing man who can out-design me any day. He is currently earning his Masters of Landscape Architecture degree. When we are not chasing our kiddo, we are usually exploring the outdoors or making something for our home. Because we are on a TIGHT budget, almost everything we make is re-purposed. This blog will highlight some of our favorite projects as well as some other things I like to dabble in such as cooking and genealogy. Also, expect to see other projects I'm not so good at such as sewing and crafts. I WILL conquer them!

Let's get started... Here's a 3-minute Easter centerpiece for my kitchen table.
-Find any vase
-Get some plastic eggs and throw them in the vase
-Find some branches (Pruning season is a great time). These are from a tree in our front yard that blew over. They have buds on them which just add to the Spring feeling. I saw a similar idea online where they cut scrapbook paper into leaves and glued it to the branches. It was cute but way too much work for me and I don't have scrapbook paper. *Key to cheap design= use what you have!
-Find some fabric or a table runner and put the final product on top
Voila! C'est magnifique!... or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment