THEME & DECOR: OUR TEACHERS ARE SOUPER!
- theme taped to wall above main table (scroll to bottom for banner letters)
- cute signs placed on talbes
- printables to introduce the food
SOUPS- seriously, you cannot go wrong with The Pioneer Woman or Our Best Bites. Everything I've tried from either of them as been amazing. So I knew I could trust these recipes without testing them beforehand. The other two recipes are favorites. Women tend to love the Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup and the Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower is a childhood favorite (infact, my soon-to-be 6 year old wants it for each meal on her birthday coming up in a few weeks).
- Chicken Soup from The Pioneer Woman
- Minestrone Soup from Our Best Bites
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
- Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
- 2lb head cauliflower and/or broccoli, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 chicken boullion cubes
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 t worchestershire sauce
- 2 c cream
- 3 T cornstarch with 3 T water
- 8 oz grated med. or sharp cheddar
BREAD BOWLS- because nothing says 'soup' like a bread bowl. I had originally planned on purchasing these from Panera, but my favorite local bakery made them for me for about half the price. They don't make them on a daily basis (at least at my bakery), so special ordering is a must!
SALAD- Decided to go with a basic salad... premade iceburg blend (so cheap!), then added in some fancier greens to dress it up a bit. Tomatoes, shredded cheese & croutons on top. A few dressing options.
PUMPKIN PIE- Costco seriously has amazing pumpkin pie in the fall. It is huge, only $5.99 & amazing. That with a can of whipped topping made for the perfect dessert for a chilly autumn night.
BROWNIES- Can't go wrong with such a yummy basic as a backup for the crazy people who don't like pumpkin pie.
MINTS- With a cute note saying 'YOU WERE MINT TO TEACH' attached to the basket. Which was red. And oh, so cute!
DRINKS- Kept cold in a cooler full of ice just below the dessert table.
- water bottles. On the table above were individual packets of Crystal Light for those who prefer a little more than water flavor.
- IZZE Sparkling Juice... you seriously can't go wrong with it. Seriously.
BUDGET: The budget was $250. For 50 people. Each soup recipe was doubled. Way too much salad. 50 bread bowls. Mints to feed an army (thanks, Costco). 3 pumpkin pies. 3 boxes of brownies. 68 water bottles. 24 Izze's. Individual packets of Crystal Light. Plus Costco sized plates, bowls, spoons, forks, knives. Spent a total of $275. Not worried because come February, I'll be doing all of this again & I still have plenty of papergoods, mints, napkins, water bottles & Crystal Light.