Sunday, April 22, 2012

Simple Chair Update

 I LOVE chairs. My husband and I can't get enough of them so it is surprising that for the longest time we had to pull out our food storage buckets as seats whenever more than one couple came over for dinner. One of our latest chair finds was inspired by a Chinese table we inherited from my husbands parents. It was lonely so we found it a friend...


The splat (middle back) of the chair somewhat reminds me of the Chippendale chairs that were inspired by Chinese design so we thought it would fit right in.



Chair from thrift store- $5.00
Polyfill- $2.00
Black spray paint- $2.00
Small can of black paint (already owned)
Fabric- $3.00
Staple Gun (already owned)

 Ryan (hubby) and I found this awesome fabric at a local JoAnn's. We thought it was perfect.

The chair had some sort of finish to which our spray paint wouldn't adhere so after a couple layers of spraying, we touched it up with a can of black paint we had laying around.

Some Polyfill and staples later this was our final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment